“Being with you in San Cristóbal was the trigger to help me change my life! …and it made me very happy…” Nadine Collet
1. Explore the Opportunities: Look over the list of opportunities to see if there is something that matches your interests and needs. Contact us if you don’t see something that interests you; we’ll do what we can to accommodate your needs and interests!
2. Submit your information: Fill out the on-line information form honestly and completely. We will make your match based on the information you give us!
3. Payment: A non-refundable sign-up fee of USD $55 is required in order to process the information you give us. We will instruct you how to make your payment when we have received the info form. With this payment you will receive:
- all communication prior to arrival
- a suitable service/immersion placement
- airport pick up (but not the cost of the transport itself)
- written and personal orientation
- continuing support during your two weeks
- arrangements for a homestay or at a posada
Special Language Study Offer: If you sign up for language classes with our partner Instituto de Lenguas Jovel for two or more weeks, we will waive the CoService USD $55 application fee. Just indicate your desire for 2 or more weeks of language study in your information form.
4. Legal Documents: In addition to fee payment, at this point you are required to fill out and return:
5. Review: After receiving payment and legal documentation, we will review your information and contact you either with more questions or a suggestion of a match. We are looking for people who are interested in learning, with an open attitude and willing to devote at least 20 hours a week, for a minimum of 2 weeks. We also encourage analysis and reflection throughout the process and upon completion.
6. Placement: We guarantee a work/partnership placement that is the closest possible match of your interests and academic requirements. If you are unhappy with your placement, the CoService team will work with you to find another organization and/or partner. Notification dates are two weeks prior to arrival.
Note: Your situation might not be appropriate for partnering with a Mexican student. This case, you will be matched directly with a Chiapas organization and your partner will be within the partner organization.
7. Evaluation: At the end of your partnership, we will ask you to participate in a brief evaluation, to help you reflect on and define your learning experience and help us with future partnerships.
Special Considerations Our goal is to facilitate transformational learning experiences, so we are happy to work with each individual to structure a personal package that matches needs and expectations as closely as possible.
Groups, Classes, Families, Other This program is set up primarily for individuals but we are happy to accommodate the needs of groups.
For more information contact us at ChiapasCoService@gmail.com